Big weekend in art fair land -- one of the biggest is Uptown in Minneapolis, plus the smaller solid events in that area at Powderhorn and Loring Park. Will you be one of the many hundreds of artists exhibiting there? The weather looks like the best in years.

Or, will you be in the west heading for Park City, or Vail?

And, isn't this the weekend for wonderful craft shows in Asheville, NC? Love to hear more about those as I know some of you will be there.

No art fairs for me, vacationing this week on the shores of Lake Michigan with about 30 members of my family, but I am encouraging them to visit art fairs on their way home and expecting they will be attending Sutton's Bay in Michigan, Chesterton in northern Indiana, etc.

What's your story? Hope your summer is full of good things.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After 10 weekends of art shows a weekend off spending time with family and getting recharged for 2nd half of my summer schedule. Good luck to all rolling the dice this weekend
  • Hi I am at Uptown in Minneapolis booth 1119. Stop by and say hi!
  • I will be doing the Fine Art at the Village show in Rochester Hills Michigan this weekend and the Shelby Twp show next weekend! 
    Good Luck to everyone doing shows this weekend!

• Golden Fine ArtsFestival: http://www.goldenfineartsfestival.org/, I posted a review under Colorado Shows last year.
    Crested Butte is a dig deal. The place is packed with buyers. I dd it for 9 years from 1999 and 2009 and received 5 first place leather awards. Sales were typically $4K to $7K which pumped a lot tax revenue into the community. Management changed and after not being accepted once I haven't looked back. I heard that the new management has hooked up with Cherry Creek.
  • Cresed butte, where it is dark and raining, suppose to clear for setup and show. The town is packed with people especially mt bikers
    • Steve, I would love a report on Crested Butte. I hear it is one of the really good shows but have such flimsy information. Is it a big deal as I've heard from several, or is it just so-so? Hope you have a great show.

• I had dinner with Nels last night. He was celebrating his one-year anniversary of his heart surgery. We will both be in Chesterton, IN this weekend.

• Hey R.C. -- I'm nearby you two in Union Pier this week. Had thought we could get together, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I hope the weather in Chesterton will be as good as it has been here all week.

• Have a great show.  Both your work and Nels' hang side by side at my house and I smile at them every day.  People love your sense of humor.

• Putting up my new to me Trimline for the first time and working out the kinks.  Then putting the Craft Hut in storage just in case and putting the Trimline in the van.  I'm also changing around how the art work is stored in the van so hopefully by the end of the weekend, most everything will be ready for the next show.

This reply was deleted.