I will be purchasing a canopy and setup for the first time, and am undecided between the Showoff Art Canopy with 3 Display panels, or the Trimline 7ft canopy with Flourish Mesh Panels. Would love to hear your opinions. The showoff has a package for $2,439 (Shipping included) and Trimline will run about $2,370 shipping not included.

Thanks! 

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm a watercolor artist. They vary in size and I think if I were to show them framed they would be something around 22 x 28 or 18 x 24. 

10912342098?profile=RESIZE_930x

• mesh walls should work, avoids using propanels, depends on the look you want. Likely you will have to frame your work. I use a trimline, which I bought used, and have done 50+ shows with it. Takes time tio put togetgher, but once it is weighted, it is solid. Great work BTW

• Thank you so much, I really appreciate the advice! 

• Suggest attending an art fair near you, and have a look at what other artists are doing for their displays. put mental "blinders" on, and look at how the work is displayed. backgrounds, tent placement, arrangement, lighting, which manufacturer of tent. then, again put blinders on, and watch the reactions of the crowd as they walk past. what do they look at, why, what do people seem to be attracted to first, then second, then thrid. what does the traffic flow into the tent look like? try to focus on work of a similar size to yours, (i.e., for the moment ighnore jewelry). It is ok to ask artsist a few questions as long as they are not busy with a customers at that moment, "Hi I am an artist starting out and thinking of which tent ...."  etc. Of course you do want the artists that are busy with customers soem of the time, those arfe the ones whose tent/artwork is actually working. Also, for your first few shows, do a show within a few hours drive of home. Also, recognize that it will take a few shows to actually get comfortable with the whole thing, and 3 years to get everything going on an even keel. And now I will shut up, good luck.

• That's a fantastic idea, thank you! I will definitely take you up on that. Thank you so much for being so helpful, it really is a great way to approach it. 

This reply was deleted.