The best lighting set up for your booth.

Wow let me start by saying I love Art Fair Insiders!! I posted a few discussions a while back and got a wealth of knowledge. I finally purchased my trimline canopy with the awning,  and mesh walls about 3 months ago and was very impressed. I have since then done 3 small shows of about 85 to get my feet wet. I went with the mind set of learning and not expecting to sell. Well I sold a lot of work and learned a lot while doing these shows! I need to take it to the next level in presentation. I ordered my pro panels today and now I have the question of what would be the BEST presentation, and look when it comes to lighting my booth?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Has anyone used the Show Off lights, specifically this light? https://www.ledtradeshowlights.com/product-page/60w-super-clamp-light

I spoke to someone at the company and he said I could clamp it to the top front of my tent and shine it down into the tent and the 90w light lights up a 10'x10' radius. I plan to try it out but wondered if anyone else has tried them too? I sell oil paintings and hoping for no glare. 

LED super clamp light 60w or 90w | trade-show-lighting
    Clamp to anything up to 2" and put a sun balanced powerhouse of lighting to work for you. All machined aluminum fixture runs on a standard power cord…
  • Thanks for the post Leo. There's another good post on the subject of battery powered booth lighting which you may find useful here:

http://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/battery-operated-displa...

In my opinion, the better way to go nowadays is with an LED based system that is powered using a lightweight, high capacity lithium-ion battery. The savings in size and weight compared to a deep cycle car or marine battery is substantial (ie a good li-ion battery weighs only about 1-2lbs vs 30-50lbs for a car or marine battery). Li-ion batteries typically can be charged quicker too. As a result, a li-ion powered system is just a little more practical for most. A good system to take a look at is here: http://siliconlightworks.com/sk2b-light-kit

I hope the above is helpful.

• Depending on what you need to light, LED lights powered by the battery through an inverter has worked well for us.  We've found some great LED lights at good prices as IKEA, some have required "customization" to properly reflect light on our jewelry. 

www.superbrightleds.com has been our best source of ordering a variety of different LED bulbs, not necessarily the cheapest, but the best variety  to fit our needs.  We also re-fitted our RV with all LED using their bulbs!

We now have a set up we can run for almost 12 hours off a deep cycle marine battery, inverter and LED lights.  It has evolved over the last 5 years, cost over $500 in total to put together including the "experimentations" but now saves us paying the $25 - $75 fees by promoters, gives us light even when electricity can't be purchased and there are times we're the only booth illuminated after dusk at some shows.  Of course, we get a lot of other artists in the booth asking for advice!

• Ruth,  do you have any photos with how you set up your lights in your booth?  

• Teresa - we've once again made some changes to our lighting for this year as we were trying to reduce the room our show set up takes in our vehicle as we are in the process of down sizing.  We changed out some of the lighting to the new clip on LED lights we bought at Lowe's. We went back to using some clip on lights and eliminated the overhead lighting due to the amount of room the overhead light set up took.  I have not taken any new pictures of our booth, next show is Memorial Day weekend, I'll try to remember to take some photos then.

• we use led clip on lights that i bought at target..com (not in store) - easy and look super duper -

• Thank you Deborah

• I just went to Target.com -- our lights are no longer there  :(   We have clipon - led lights -- and they are electric - not battery.  At least one person a show asks us about the lights.  They take 3 watts -- and we have 20 of them --

• Deborah, I assume you're referring to this:
      http://www.target.com/p/clip-on-all-purpose-light/-/A-11202099#?lnk...

Since it is a spot, how many would it take to light up a wall evenly. I would assume 4 for each side or 12 lights total ($150) Are the batteries replaceable? 2 AA?

This does seem like a convenient and affordable option, if they can produce enough light and can last for at least a three hour block of time.
      • Thank you Leo!!

This reply was deleted.