Tempe festival of the Arts Spring 2014

I just got accepted into this show, but I just had a very bad away show due to high expensive and poor sales. I am jewelry, so I wondering now if Tempe can be a profitable show for me. Any help/information you could provided would be helpful

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Steve - very helpful.
  • When i first started doing this show i was in calif and yes i drove, 500 mi which may not be much but it was worth it for me.   i have been doing this show for over 20 years and it is one of my best shows of the year.  May want to see if someone is looking for a roommate and wants to share room expenses.   i did that for years.  Now I stay with friends.  There is a lot of jewelry at this show.   if possible stay off of 6th street and try to stay away from 7th.  good locations are 5th or mill.  now i live about 100 miles away and always look forward to doing both the spring and fall.  and yes if you are in the southwest may want to ck out what they have to say

• My question is, why did you apply to a show without knowing that much about it?

Maybe I'm doing it backwards, as I always research a show before I apply.

• Tempe is typically a pretty good show for most artists but there is alot of jewelry so may be more competitive for your category. Lodging in the area is not too expensive so might be worth a try...

• Hey Robbie, I put Tempe Festival in our search box in the upper right hand corner of the page and I found this:

http://www.artfairinsiders.com/main/search/search?q=tempe

You may also want to join the Southwest and Pacific Artist's forum group that we have here.  That is a group that most likely is from your neck of the woods.

I hope you find some info that helps you.

This reply was deleted.