Wow, just started really considering that it will cost over $1500 to pay the booth fee, hotel, van rental, gas & meals for St. James 1300 association. My booth is on 3rd St. and doesn't really look like it faces the rest of the show....I'm not sure what it faces since the block is blank on the map.

At least I can park behind my booth. Has anyone done this area of the show before? Is it worth it even in this area?  It's been a hard May with the weather in the midwest so I'm getting wary.

Thanks, Karen

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Where are you on Third Street, Karen? I got accepted but my booth assignment is SO far north (3 booths from the end) I’m debating whether to bother. Maybe that’s why they send it to you so early: so you can decide to skip it, rather than go and be mad.

I’ve done 3 of the shows before; 1300 only once, then I was called off the wait list, and got a good location.  Even so, my sales were not that great. When I could get into the main Court show and Third Street proper my sales were better, but even those have declined a lot. All I can try to do is keep the costs down as low as possible. I even carry all my own food. If you are renting a van, that's going to be 5 days of rental, isn't it? 

Have you done any of the consortium shows before?

• Uh oh...I finally found the map detailed enough to show I am 5 from the very far end.

Just sent my check yesterday...think they'll let me out of it!

This reply was deleted.