Hi! I am going to be expanding my booth to include larger metal prints. I don't have much room to have be able to restock if something sells, so I'm thinking that I will take orders and have drop-shipped from lab to customer. Is this common practice, or do people expect to walk away with the print that day? The largest I will have displayed is 20x30, down to 11x14. Any and all advice appreciated!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• it depends! Just bring a few latrge ones to your first few shows and see how it goes. In my experience, customers get excited about what they see and want to take it with them. Offering to ship "from the lab" may be offputting. It takes the magic out. 

• That is so true, when you say it takes the magic out. I was trying to think how I could reword the "from the lab" thing, and I couldn't think of anything. I thought maybe I could say that this is my "sample" and I would rather send them a "brand new" one (leaving "the lab" out of it...even though that's where it would come from). But no matter what, I think most people are going to want it NOW.

• normally we sell 20x30s and the customer takes the metal print home with them that day.  You could do either but I think that would really depend on your customer.  some may list having to delivered to them as long as there isnt an additional charge, but some might want to take it home that day.

• Thank you, Neal!

This reply was deleted.