I'm thinking about trying Reflectix to make pouches to transport small to large paintings.  Some are oil, some are both oil and acrylic.  I'm afraid of the Reflectix getting stuck to the painting surface, especially if it's hot.  Has anyone been using Reflectix pouches enough to weigh in on this?

I have been using glassine paper before this, having read that it's supposed to be safe for oil or acrylic.  But once it did get stuck to a painting when I shipped it.  It left pieces stuck on the painting when they tried to take it off.  I'm not sure if it was because the coat of Gamvar I had applied was still not cured enough, even though I waited the number of days it said on the bottle to cure.

I'm thinking of still trying to use a sheet of glassine paper inside the foil pouches to separate the faces of the paintings from the Reflectix, hoping that the time it got stuck to the painting was because the Gamvar wasn't truly cured.  Brown paper from the roll, from the painting section at Home Depot, as a separater - I'm hesitant about using that, because I read sometimes it can bleed pigment if it gets wet, and that it is generally acidic.  Does anyone have opinions or much experience with any of these things?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I use it without issue, but only short term transit to and from shows.  Mine are acrylic and mixed media though.  

• I' was taught to usewax paper. I've used it for years and never had an issue, always on thoroughly dried pieces. I paint with acrylic paint.

• Thanks for your reply!  Good to hear what has worked for many years. It can get confusing reading stuff online!

This reply was deleted.