Seems it is time to update my CC proccessing.  Anyone have experience w/ Nurit 8020 or Verifone 650?  I'm being offered a low price on "store models", as opposed to new or refurbished. 

Been warned by my merchant acct company that I need to become PCI compliant w/my equipment. 

My sales are mostly at shows, w/occasional studio sales.  The studio only has fair reception for wireless, though.

All advice & opinions welcome!

Thanks

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the nurit 8020 and am happy with it. Getting PCI compliant is not a problem - just takes a short time online. My bank (Bank of America) is my processor.
    Christina
  • I just looked at an alternative: www.usbswiper.com, that works with a laptop that has wireless access, either Mac or PC. It's a magnetic strip reader that attaches by USB, and POP software package that sets up your laptop as a wireless access terminal that works directly with a PayPal account. I guess you'd need the pro version of a Paypal account as well, but it verifies card transactions and transfers funds immediately, and they claim it only costs "one low flat rate" per transaction.
    As for your fair wireless studio access, have you looked at a cable modem and wireless access point? You'd own the access that way, without having to rely on a server somewhere else.
    Or I think there might be some ways to boost your communications power. A conversation with a good wireless access pro might solve that problem. Look for a wireless access repeater, might try Googling that.
This reply was deleted.