In Memoriam - Toni Mann, 1952-2017

So sad to think that Toni Mann is no longer with us. Toni was one of the most-loved people in our business. She was a potter and participated in art fairs with her husband, Jay Mann, for at least 30 years. All the artists knew Toni.

About 3 years she was diagnosed with colon cancer and her fans rallied around her as she reported in for her chemo treatments and her surgeries. With a spirit like Toni's I was sure she would be with us a long time. She fought and she did shows and she continued to make pottery and keep others spirits up always with a warm smile.

When the NAIA was founded she was its social chairman and every conference had a great party, a prom party in Winter Park, a hard times party in Peoria when the housing crash happened. 

When her friends found out about the cancer they created a special gift of their love that she wore, a bracelet with a charm made by them. 

You can hear Toni and Jay talk about their travels on this podcast we did a few years ago on Art Fair Radio: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Not only will art fairs miss Toni but her collectors who regularly looked for her at the shows. 

I'm sending my condolences out to Jay and the entire artist community on this loss of this fine woman.

This is not much of an obituary, but perhaps you can find a better one online: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/toni-mann-obituary?pid=187582893

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So sad...I am sorry to hear of her passing...

This reply was deleted.