Hello everyone,  I am an acrylic painter who is relatively new to the art world.  I need to get a website up and running and am really struggling with how to do that.  I am one of the most technologically limited individuals I know.  I have researched many platforms but I just don't know even how to begin.  I am wondering if there is anyone out there who lives in the Akron/Cleveland area who could help me get my website going.  Any help I can get from this group will be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Kimberly,
    I'm not sure if you've found someone yet, but I design websites as part of my freelance graphic design business. I'm located in Nebraska, but I have clients in Iowa,  California, and New York If you're still looking for help, let me know, and I can get you an estimate. You can view my work at https://jeanettejohnsondesign.com 

• Kimberly,

If you have the time to do some of the work yourself, I can recommend Other Peoples Pixels. They only support artists' websites. They do not create them but they do have fairly easy to follow instructions and you can look at various templates and examples for ideas.  

I struggled with another platform before OPP was suggested to me by another artist and I have used them for almost 10 years. 

I have done a complete refresh once but am happy with the look and feel. And it saved me from paying someone to create and maintain it when I didn't have the resources to do that. 

Mary Jo Spector 

www.mjspector.com 

• Hi Mary Jo, I agree OPP is easy. I was able to set up a site even with my limited skills, but whrn I sent them a question I didnt didn't get a response so I decided the platform wasn't for me. If only they gavethe option to talk with a live person on the phone. I know my age is showing. I may have to return there if I can't find anywhere else. Thank you so much for your response. 

• I use Livebooks, have had a site for 15 years with them. Check out my site: ActionPhotos.net. Your biggest challenge is getting perfect photos of your work!

• Thank you. I will. 

• Kimberly

The relationship and communication with whomever is helping you is more important than their location.  As long as you have Internet access you can review the webdesigners work in your own home as easily as in their office.  I live in New Jersey, but have built websites for artists from Vermont to Florida and Rhode Island to California.  I am currently teaching people how to build and manage their own sites.  They are located in Wisconsin, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Vermont.  I have even given website help to an artist in England.  Many of these people are technologically challenged.  I will be happy to share my experience with you.

• Hi Franklin, do you have a website?

• https://cyberhenge.com

Cyberhenge Inc.
        Cyberhenge provides coaching, training and consulting services empowering your organization to make your website a strategic asset
  • Search online for a page designer and see who understands your art/business situation. It's worth it to have a pro do it for you and they will be there for updates and problem solving. Don't accept a canned solution. www.sherersaddlesinc.com is mine done by local small business in Denver.

Sherer Custom Saddles, Inc. - Quality That Provides The Pride And Pleasure Of Ownership!
    Sherer Custom Saddles, Inc. is a private art studio one hour southeast of Denver, Colorado. Dick Sherer's leather and silver work combine traditiona…
    • Thank you. I appreciate your response. 

This reply was deleted.