Hello everyone,  I am an acrylic painter who is relatively new to the art world.  I need to get a website up and running and am really struggling with how to do that.  I am one of the most technologically limited individuals I know.  I have researched many platforms but I just don't know even how to begin.  I am wondering if there is anyone out there who lives in the Akron/Cleveland area who could help me get my website going.  Any help I can get from this group will be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Richard. I have another question. I have been told it is important to find a pro who lives relatively near. That's why I made my post to see if there is anyone around me who could help. Do you think location is important?

• Definitely yes. I interviewed two outfits both of which came out to my studio in a rural area. The first guy came back with a canned high-volume sales site which did not fit. The other fellow really grasped what a studio doing custom work needed and he designed it to fit me and my work. He came out and walked me through it as well. That was over 20 years ago and we are still making changes and adjustments as well as solving glitches clients report to me. Finally, he was reasonably priced although I don’t remember exactly what he charged but in 2002 it was less than $500.

• Hi Richard.  I don't mean to interrupt Kimberly's thread, but I live in Denver and would love to have the name of the outfit that helps you.  I'm retired from shows now but still selling and have a Dreamweaver website I maintain but that could use some work beyond my capabilities.

Thanks, CC Barton

Good luck, Kimberly, and welcome to the art show business!

This reply was deleted.