Hello, New Member here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Brad. I am new to art fair insider and art fairs period. I was encouraged to write a post introducing myself so here goes nothing. I started this journey as an artist exactly 1 year ago today. Up to that time I had never been the least interested in drawing, painting or anything other mediums. It all changed when my partner asked to do a rainbow tree one night for our date night. I fell in love with painting. I immediately researched everything I could about painting and drawing and learning as an adult( I am 37). I decided oil paints were what I wanted to paint with and off I went. I have been painting or drawing almost everyday for a year now. I have learned a lot and I enjoy it more now than when I started. I am more comfortable now and I have a lot of paintings. I am still deciding what I like to paint best but I steer towards landscapes, animals and portraits. Especially portraits. I haven't painted but one portrait so far but I have drawn quite a few at this point. There is something about capturing someone on canvas that I just love. 

Now about Art Fairs. I learned about Art fairs recently. Up until then I knew craft shows existed but I had never been to one and I didnt know about Art fairs at all. Someone I know suggested this website and here I am. I want to learn more about Art Fairs and participate in a few this year. I have actually now participated in one small show. Unfortunately for whatever reason attendance at the show this year was so low that we didnt see anyone for hours sometimes. So not a great first experience but I did get positive feedback from the people who came by and I sold 1 painting. 

Thank you invinting me to join your group and for reading my long winded post about myself. I look forward to interacting more with you all. 

M. Bradley Peters.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Walk some shows in different venues, study set ups and equipment, take notes on displays that attact buyers, talk with artists.  This will help you get a feel for the business and possibly give you a leg up  instead of learning the hard way.

This reply was deleted.