Currently we are thoroughly watching over the situation in Ukraine and trying to support the brave and unstoppable
spirit of Ukrainian nation in fight against Russian invasion by donating to the official resources provided by the
Government. NING is standing with Ukraine in this fight for freedom and independence and if you want to show your
support you can donate here.
I did a show in Philadelphia this past weekend, and my Flourish Trimline Canopy leaked horribly during a moderate rain, no wind, no thunderstorm. Just a straight rain. Now, admittedly, my canopy is 8 years old (purchased new in 2005). But I only do 4-7 shows each year, so it's really not in that bad of shape. I've dutifully patched any pinholes and I've used Seam Grip on the areas where the wind straps attach and sometimes exert pull on the vinyl.
I was VERY unhappy with the performance of the canopy this past weekend because other exhibitors around me with Show Off and Light Dome canopies did not have the same problems. In fact, they were blissfully bone dry inside their tents.
But within just a few hours of an average rate of rainfall, my Trimline canopy was leaking terribly along the midpoints of the armature, right down the centers of my walls. From what I could tell, it appeared that the seams themselves were allowing the rain through the pin holes of the stitches.
I called Flourish on Friday after having to close early in order to keep my wood frames from getting damaged. They advised using a vinyl glue like the product used to repair swimming pools.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you solve it?
At this point, I'm willing to either meticulously go around and re-seal the seams with a third-party product, or just invest in a whole new canopy that would be compatible with my 10' x 10' Trimline frame. Frankly, I've never been happy with this canopy because it is too short at all four corners. Whenever it's going to rain at a show, I'm obliged to improvise white garbage bag patches at the corners of the canopy because the sash is only about 3" and it barely overlaps the tops of the walls at the corners. The corners will always let in water if I don't patch them in some fashion because the velcro closures are way-y-y too snug with the puny little sash that barely covers the wall tops.
The problems I had this past weekend were in the middle of the walls, starting at the top. The rain was not wind-driven nor was it that heavy at the time the tent was already leaking so badly (the heavier rain came later that day). I'm not pleased because a couple of my pieces were water damaged, and I need your help so that this does not happen again.