Barrington 2013

I'm new to the Chicago shows, this will be my first full year.  The Amdur team was very much on their game, all instructions were very clear, the staff was present and accommodating, and this was well produced, in my estimation.  

It was chilly on Saturday, and the crowds were light.  It was warmer and pleasant on Sunday, and the crowd was light.  I make jewelry, and I guess its kind of edgy for the Barrington crowd.  I barely made my nut.  The painter next to me was very disappointed, as were some others I spoke to.  The people were engaged, tried on a lot of stuff....but didn't buy.  

I won't do this show next year.  I did great in shows in the city last year, and I'm checking out other shows that -- anecdotally -- seasoned show people tell me are "good".  I hear Barrington was a "good" jewelry show.  There was lots of great jewelry there, and I'm not sure how they did. I talked to some, and didn't really get much information, and I didn't pry if they weren't volunteering information.  

In the end my evaluation is this:  traffic wasn't there.  My price point is not prohibitive.  My work is not conservative.  Great effort and support from Amdur.  Not returning to Barrington. 

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for your review Beth.  I'm sorry you didn't have a better show.  Hopefully you will have some this summer that make up for it.

This reply was deleted.