Artigras 2013

Hi everyone, I got accepted into Artigras next year and I was wondering if the show is worth the $400 and change. I live in Birmingham Al. And do mixed media ranging from $275.- $ 600, I also have prints and little item. Thank you for any feedback. Chris

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I did pretty well at it last year, my first time showing there.  And it's a well-run show.  I reviewed it.  If you search the Blog page just enter ArtiGras and my name and it should come up for you. 

That said, it IS a three-day stay, and the Monday sales were nearly non-existent (mostly families taking the kiddos around to Experience Art).  Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it doesn't pay the bills by itself.

• How far are you traveling, Chris? Looks like about a day's drive. What kind of expenses are you expecting to have? Add all of that up, plus your self employment tax, and see what you come up with. I've not been hearing great things about this show recently. By recently I definitely mean since the "great recession".

Check the search and see what people said last year.

• Thanks for the response, It's a 10 hours drive so not to close. I havent heard to many good things, I think I might save my booth fee on this one. Thanks,Chris

• It was way down last year. The Abacoa Town Center seems to have lost a lot of its retail base. Many of the folks who came and bought several years ago don't have the disposable income. I do western landscape photography, and I have done okay there in the past, but last year I sold virtually nothing. Our neighbors, both glass artists, sold some work, but probably not enough to return. I did not reapply this year. Giving it a rest.

This reply was deleted.