This is still going on, art festivals dropping like flies. The most optimistic of them are rescheduling later in the year. I invite you to share here any events that you hear about. Good news is welcome also.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Corn Hill Arts Festival in Rochester, NY, put off again! They tried to hold off as long as they could ...

The festival has been going 53 years strong. It’s a two-day arts event that takes place on nine streets in the Corn Hill neighborhood, featuring live music stages, as well as over 300 local artists. Festival Chairperson Nick Howell says they can see up to 150,000 people in those two days.

A large concern that contributed to this decision, was not having enough time to plan ahead with ever-changing guidelines.

Learn more

• Cherry Creek Art Festival, usually held on the 4th of July weekend, has been postponed to Labor Day weekend. Here at AFI we are wishing the staff at the CCAF smooth sailing on continually reinventing this landmark event.

Learn more: https://theknow.denverpost.com/2021/03/31/cherry-creek-arts-festiva...

• So sorry to report the Laumeier Art Fair in St. Louis will be online for a second year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Laumeier Sculpture Park announced to members and donors last week. Once again, the online Art Fair will be held over Mother’s Day weekend, from noon May 7 to noon May 10, online at laumeiersculpturepark.org/artfair

• State College- Central PA Fest of the Arts, is now cancelled, just got the news and I am bummed out!

• One of the bummers of art shows changing their dates is that I did not apply to the La Quinta show because it WAS going to be held in March, so I didn't apply because of COVID. When they moved the event to November, I could not apply because the call for artists had lapsed - so I in reality ended up shutting myself out of the event by not applying because of the March dates. Frustrating!

• Old Capitol Show in Springfield, IL canceled. Received this email last week, "Dear Artists,
    It is with a heavy heart I am writing to inform you we are forced to cancel our fair for May 15th and 16th, 2021. At this time, the city of Springfield states there is not enough people vaccinated to issue permits to allow for a street festival. As a committee board, we are deeply saddened and frustrated. Because of the time and preparation, in the months prior to the fair, we cannot wait to see if the status will change closer to the May 15th date.
    There have been no booth payments made at this point, so no refunds will be issued. If you juried into the show this year, we will issue a refund via Zapplication for the $35 fee."

• I'm very sorry to learn of Old Capital's cancellation.  Any artist wanting a top-ranked fine art show in Springfield, IL should apply to Art Spectacular at the Carillon Sept. 11-12, 2021.  Deadline is 5/31/21.  Art Spectacular adjusted to accommodate CDC guidelines last Sept and was very successful.  While we're planning a 'normal' event in 2021, we are prepared to 'adjust' again if needed.  Art Spectacular is held in the beautiful setting of Washington Park Botanical Gardens, has reasonable fees, great management, and is the ONLY art fair in Central IL included in Sunshine Artist's 100 Best Artist Fairs for the last 6 years.  www.carillon-rees.org  

AS Looking thro Fern at People & Carillon - Good Pic.jpg

• And what about Madison, WI's, big Art Fair on the Square?

"MADISON, Wis.– Under Dane County’s new public health order starting March 10, outdoor gatherings will be expanded to 500 people. That has many locals optimistic much larger events could return as soon as this summer, and those working for the City of Madison aren’t ruling that out." What will happen next? Click here.

• And here we go with another good event cancelling: Gum Tree Festival in Mississippi,

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.djour...

• What burns my barnacles is that I did not apply to the La Quinta Celebration because it was scheduled for its regular time, March. THEN, after the deadline, they changed the dates to November - well, I would have applied if it was slated for November in the first place, so, by not applying to the show that was advertised for March, I am now unable to apply to the new date of November, because, they already picked their artists and their wait list artists for their March show.  I emailed them to see if there were any chances of applying, thinking that there must be a bunch of artists that could not make the November show, but alas, nope.  Oh well, another year maybe.

This reply was deleted.