In Louisville KY 

I just received an acceptance to the 1300 Association section of St. James Court (FWIW, I was already turned down by all the other sections to which I applied, which were 3. ). In the acceptance packet the organizers gave me my booth number. At first I misunderstood and thought it was closer to Magnolia, which is more where I like to be.  But then I scrutinized the map I found online, and this booth space is almost as far away from the central St James exhibit area as it is possible to be; just 3 booths south of Park and Third Street. I have only done this section once before, and then I was closer to Magnolia.

The question: is it worth while being there, if I’m so far away? The booth fee is due in only about a week. When I did this section before, it seemed like most people were just walking through this show northward (after having come in another way, apparently), having already bought all they has planned to buy. Being a whole block further north is not going to make that phenomenon any easier, I imagine.

With this location, considering driving costs and 4 hotel nights, am I better off just staying home and staring at the garden? 

Thanks!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Linnea, did you end up doing the show?  I am in the 1300 section, and I love where my booth is!  I didn't see this post until well after the show was over.  I am actually just a few booths from the end, and it was my second year in that same spot and I was very pleased with my sales.   I consider it the 'beginning' of the show and tell people they can easily find me without hitting the biggest crowds.  I don't know what kind (amount) of sales you were expecting to consider making it worth your while, but if you get a chance next year, I would say give it a shot.

This reply was deleted.