Okay so I joined this group some time back and am finally taking the leap to do some shows this year. I am currently working on putting together my booth. I will be marketing my jewelry and want to avoid rookie mistakes while planning my set up.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Christina - EZ up is indeed a brand name. It is a pop up tent and has its pros and cons. I got mine at www.elitedeals.com. Do not buy it at SAMs Club, costco, etc. those places have lower quality EZUps. Buy the commercial version. Lite Dome and Trimline are also brand names. Much better constructed tent but much more expensive. Which shows and types of shows, what you are selling, how committed you are to doing outside art shows, your budget, etc. will determine what you want to buy. I chose lit dome as an upgrade tent because I needed to put it up by myself and the Trimline was too heavy for me. Not a tent for a 60+ year old woman to put up by herself IMO.
    • Thanks, Diane...I'll check it out.  Appreciate the information and good advice, chances are I'll be putting it up by myself too, so I need something lightweight but sturdy...and who told you how old I was?  Ha!

• Christina, it depends on how much you have to spend. A commercial grade ez up worked well for me for the first few years. This past year I bought a light dome. I put everything up myself so either tent is workable for one person. The light dome is a lot more expensive and a much better tent but in the beginning I didn't want to spend $1000 for a tent.
    • Diane, Thanks for the information...is EZ Up a brand name?  Where does one shop for such a thing?  Sporting goods stores?  Online? I could probably find a used one on this site...

Thanks again,

Christina

• I purchased my commercial grade EZ-Up online...www.hutshop.com  decent prices, free shipping.. still use it now, almost four years later.

research everything you can...weights & Stabilizer bars for your tent, how to secure for overnight, etc. can all be searched right here or googled, for that matter. Prepare yourself, and you will have a good start! 

• Karole, Thank you for your response...I'll check it out and start saving my dollars.

• Christina probably the best tool you can use on this site is the Search tab. Type in a simple phrase like "EZ vs" and you'll find plenty to start you on your way. Here are a few threads to get you started:
        http://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/first-craft-show-i-need...
        http://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/ez-up-tents

For me, I did my first 5 shows with a borrowed EZ up and quickly realized its flaws. I spent most of my profits from my first shows on a Trimeline with a mesh display. Buying a good canopy was one of my better early decisions (but then I hate to pay for something twice, that's me). Many here will discuss alternative views and have valid points with a good history to back them. This is not a place to save money, you have hundreds of dollars of inventory to protect, buy the best your money can buy. Best wishes.
        • Thanks, Leo...appreciate the information and good advice.

• I would just like to chime in as a newbie myself and ask specifically about what kind of tent would be best and easiest to put up for one or possibly two people...I'm a fiber artist and will probably have free-standing display racks but would really like to invest in a good sturdy tent that doesn't take a village to set up.  Thanks for any suggestions...

• Small headlamp like those used by hikers and campers are more useful than a flashlight. Frees both hands, brighter, more compact, and light is focused where you are looking.
This reply was deleted.