Hi, I'll be doing my first fair at the end of June. I already have a tent and panels. I thought I saw a list on here a few months ago of all other supplies I'd need, but now I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to it? Thanks in advance! ~Jennifer

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't forget to prepare for hot weather. In a tent with blazing sun the heat can take a toll. Here is my blog post from last year: https://imagesinbloom.com/2015/09/15/summer-heat-preparation-for-th...
    • Thanks! This is super helpful in its specificity.

• I found it! this was the thread I was looking for. Quite comprehensive. 

http://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/items-necessary-at-a-show

• Wow! That was an amazing list. Thanks for finding it Jennifer.

We always had a huge box of clamps from small to very large, bungees and tie downs. These are necessary tools. I recently sold the tool box to another artist for $75 just because he knew Norm was always well equipped (and I mean that in the very nicest way). I still have a large container full of clamps -- more than I'll ever need in a lifetime.

• Haha ok. I've walked around fairs before but clamps was not something I really noticed in setup. I'll have to pay closer attention this time, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot with this first fair. Thanks!

• For clamps I always have an assortment of spring clamps from Home Depot or Harbor Freight. I get the plastic ones (don't rust) in small, medium, and large. Also, to add to the list, a small first aid kit. I always seem to nick myself setting up and a band aid a necessity for me.

Good luck on the show.

John

• I think Jim Parker started it -- some time ago. Look for his name, or James Parker. Also search for "supplies needed for a show" or something similar -- it is here!!

A note to all that would make this searching easier: Any time you post a discussion or blog post add "tags", simple words that describe what your post is about. It makes it easier for all of us to retrieve the info on the site. "Add tags", please.

• Hello Jennifer. I am a 3 year rookie in the art vendor business. I know what list you are talking about. I believe it was:

1. Art

2. Tent

3. W eights/Stakes

4. Lights with extra bulbs

5. Extension cords (construction grade)

6. Panels

7. Pedestals

8. Rugs/Carpet

9. Tie Downs

10. Clamps

11. Guest Book

12. Sunscreen/hats

13. Bug Spray

14. Calculators

15. Change

16. Totes

17. Pens

18. Receipt Pad

19. Bags, Tissue Paper or Plastic (in case of rain) - for wrapping art for customers.

20. Little broom brush and dust pan

21. Zip Ties

22. Shims to level pedestals, tent , etc.

23. Cash Box

24. Snacks/Water

25. Business Cards

26. Curtains/Backdrops

27. Bio – Display a bio and picture of yourself to place in your tent. This tells a little

bit about you as an artist and your background. Place it in a nice frame.

28. Chair

29. In a little toolbox keep: scissors, tape, price stickers, s hooks, hammer, rope and wire.

30. Comfortable shoes 

31. Rain jacket.
    • THANK YOU! For #10, what kind of clamps do I need? 

This reply was deleted.