Presented By: Marion Arts Festival
Deadline: January 4
Application fee: $25; Booth fee: $250
Marion is adjacent to Cedar Rapids in Eastern Iowa. The MAF draws a regional audience of 10,000, including patrons from the Iowa City-to-Cedar Falls I380 corridor. The festival is an outdoor event, held in a vintage uptown-type city square park, and seated within a State-designated Iowa Great Place, Main Street Iowa District, and Iowa Cultural and Entertainment District.
Good to know:
- There are no bands, there is no beer!
- The Marion Arts Festival is about the art.
- Our show is one-day, intimate and purposeful.
- We're volunteer-driven, kind of hokey and maybe more than a little mom-and-pop ... in good ways, mostly. Always, we do the show for you. You're our whole point.
- Check out this 2018 review on Art Fair Insiders:
Extensive event marketing throughout Eastern Iowa, including static/digital billboards; newspapers and arts tabloids; broadcast and cable television; radio; web advertising; and a full-color, 12-page festival program distributed to 41,000 area households (via the Cedar Rapids Gazette the Sunday prior to the event).
New this year:
Folded into our day will be the unveiling of 10 additional pieces of public art in uptown alleys adjacent to the festival, a project funded by ArtPlace America.