Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Hello,
I am a Jeweler and I live in Oregon. I know I’m not a mid-west artist, but I was accepted to the Columbus Art Festival this year. Has anyone in this group done this show? I have heard good and bad things about the show. My expensive would be high to attend. I would need to make at least $7500 to make it worth while. Is this possible?
I have heard weather can ruin the show. High heat, humidity, wind, rain, but people stay and buy in all weather. I have heard it’s just 400,000 beer drinkers. I have heard it’s a big time show with excellent sales. So my research has left me conflicted about attending. This forum is my last quest for answers before making my final discussion.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Robbie Curnow

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robbie, We make jewelry also (low end costume-like jewelry $20-$35) and participated last year.  We netted about $6,500.  We were happy with our booth location (not on the bridge) and seemed to have good traffic.  Like any art show you are at the mercy of mother nature and the location of your booth. I understand the bridge can be very windy although it has a higher traffic volume.  That being said, I don't know what to advise you!   It's a crap shoot like many shows and you'll probably have to decide on your own.  It is a nice city with nice restaurants if you want to double it as a vacation spot.  Good luck with your decision!

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey
Who Won and Why

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service