Zona Rosa Art Festival

Has anyone done this show?  I am accepted and have yet to receive any info (not even an acceptance letter) from the show, despite the fact that it is less than two weeks away.  I mean, the gal has answered my direct questions, but there's been no packet, no letter, no nothing!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are more photos from this event: http://mingle.kansascity.com/photos/2012/zona-rosa-art-fair-2012/#s...

• . . . And yet Zapp takes the money, lists the show, provides a venue for applicants- frequenrly the only venue- to potentially be part of the show, mandates that applicants have a Zapp account , creates the hoops to jump through, and does not accept responsibility in any kind of fiduciary or ethical sense?

Who's ok with this?
      • If you look at ZAPP as being like eBay or Craig's List, then you know there is no guarantee of anything. If I was buying a used car from ZAPP, I'd check first to make sure all four tires were on the ground at the same time. I made my mistake with the Fountain Square show in Evnaston by not checking closer to see that they were the same fools who put on a a show last year I went to and lost my shorts. My bad, I cancelled out too late to get a refund of any sort but I wasn't going to compound the loss by showing up. When it's poorly run, there's not much doing to get your money back and no point crying over it. When it's misrepresented and you want your money back, send a letter demanding, not asking, for the money back and state  it that you're not happy with their false advertising and an attorney could get involved. Stop talking about it and do something. Bitching about it is fun, but it's more fun doing something about it.

• eBay has a remarkable dispute policy that does encourage honesty and integrity. Some items are not allowed and there is a ratings system that buyers and sellers hold near and dear to their hearts. Even on Craigslist there is a system to weed out unsavory despots and ne'erdowell's. One wonders how well Naperville would do on eBay or Craigslist. St. James? Des Moines? Quincy? Something to think about.

• It would be interesting to be able to leave a score of 0-10 for shows, and ZAPP would have to keep a running average on the shows ;-) That would probably kill some shows that sound good on paper and no one leaves negative reports on them around here, but when you get there virtually everyone is a first-timer for the show.

• I met a guy from Illinois over the weekend who said he actually LOST money at Zona Rosa one year.  Attendance was very poor.  "Don't ever do it," he said.  I did write a letter to Zapp and they say they don't vouch for any of the shows on their site and don't offer any guarantees (I know this) but also did not address the issue of dropping the show due to its false advertising.  

Thanks for the photos, Connie!  Doesn't look like much.  I'm glad I didn't go.  

• Kay, as Zapp told you, they do not vet the events listed with them. The shows pay them the money to be part of the system and they list the events. They are not in the business of judging the events, there are no judgment calls. When Zapp first appeared on the scene the top shows were listed with them so artists assumed if it was a "zapp" show it was a good one, sort of like an endorsement. It has taken a while for people to realize that is not true.

• If they advertised 80k attendance and they have never had close to that, then that is false advertising.  That would be a reason to demand, not ask, for your money back.  

• Thanks!

• So sorry you haven't received more information, Kay and Patrice, on this site. I think the silence speaks loudly. I've been in this business over 30 years, traveled far and wide, and have never heard of this event.

This reply was deleted.