Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

A recent question about Belle Isle - where the poster said they would have to incur travel costs - made me remember a question I've been meaning to post: What do most folks do for sleeping arrangements when they travel to art fairs that are too far to commute to from home?

Airbnb? Sleep in your car/van/truck/camper? Hotel/motel? State park in a tent? Share a room?

What makes the most sense?

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have talked with a couple of artists who sleep in their vehicles overnight and I just don't know how they do that from a cleanup perspective. After a setup, I need a good shower. 

Glad to see so many do hotels, though. I often felt I was the only one because I never saw any others, even in the smaller cities/towns. Though I will do Airbnb if the price/comfort is worth it. Some places it's just as easy to book a cheap hotel.

We have to do hotels and need a King bed or otherwise I'd go Airbnb (I ran one for awhile) but hardly any of them offer a King bed.  It's just what we are comfortable with - we like our space!  Definitely adds to our costs, and I try to get cheap hotels (I've always been a luxury hotel kind of girl, but I've definitely lowered my standards to try to be cost effective!!).  And, even though promoters often block out space at hotels to help artists with lower rates, I get better rates at the same hotels myself 95% of the time.  That is the part I've never understood.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service