We're retired now and cutting back on the number of shows we're doing because sales are down and the fees are high.  People love my work but even though I've dropped my prices they are reluctant to buy right now.  We're only doing two shows this year and if they don't do well we're done.  Galleries are hard to get into take a large percentage which sometimes requires my dropping the price of an item to make it sell-able.  So where do I go from here?  Any ideas or suggestions?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Listen to the upcoming pod cast on AFI it is about exactly what you are facing. Hopefully it will give you some ideas to explore. Best of luck!
    Elle
  • Thank you.  I think the first thing I'm going to do is get my website updated and refined.  I do speaking events and teach now so that's helping.  I guess I just have to give it time to spread my name around.

• Though it's a little late, promote your web site. Modify your web site to show the value and collectability of your artwork and send out announcements to your mailing list.

Larry Berman
    http://BermanGraphics.com
    412-401-8100

• I would raise prices at least back to where they were and not devalue yourself or work. Look at chuch/school venues indoors, close to home, trunk type and easy to do. Update your website and reference it on your literature. Do some speaking events to groups about your work to generate new clients.
This reply was deleted.