Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Let's do it as a top ten: My number 1 is

"Did j'all make this"?

Views: 35792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is STUNNING!

Did you fight him "tooth and nail" over that?

It was an offer, did you take the "bite"?

Sounds like the customer was a real "card"  :-)

Not the worst, but a consistent annoyance: I get the "did you make this" or "are you the artist" at least 10x per show. It's always surprising. I guess a lot of the public think that art shows are more trade shows and we are just sales persons repping the brand? I'm re-branding and putting my name on everything, hopefully that stops that question! 

It could just be a conversation opener, Ryan, and that was the easiest way for them to get it started. Nevertheless, a photo of you creating the work hanging in your booth proves something and make sure your name is displayed and yes label everything. Smart marketing. It does give the work even more validity with a sceptic also. 

you're right, some of them might just be saying so even though they assume or know it's me. that is a good point, I need to get a photo up for sure! I actually plan to put my time lapse painting videos on an iPad looping, I think that would be great! thanks for the tip Connie! 

One of my photos is of a covered bridge in Madison County in Iowa. I guy half laughing asked “Heh, is that the one that burned down?” The one that burned down I got married on and he’s kinda laughing about it.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service