Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

What kind of auxiliary activities are good for art fairs? which are bad?

We all know the story about being set up across from the band or the sponsors who hawk near your booth and now the political season will be bringing politicians to the shows. But where to draw the line?

Here's a promotion taking part at Sausalito this year:

Painters, photographers and videographers are invited to submit images of the Golden Gate Bridge and have it exhibited at the Sausalito Art Festival, set for Sept. 1-3.

The competition is part of a 60th anniversary celebration of the festival and the 75th anniversary celebration of the bridge.

Entries are being accepted for the American Icon Competition online at www.americanicon.net. The exhibition will be installed on high-definition screens with rotating content. Winners will be announced in early August.

Does you think this kind of activity hinders the event?

What have you seen at the shows that makes them better for artists as well as patrons?

Views: 483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is also difficult when you don't recognize folks.  I was at a show and a man came up to me and asked me if I paid taxes.  For some reason I thought he was refering  to sales taxes .  I was spooked out .  I thought he was with the state.  I was sharp in assuring him I paid my taxes and they were quite fair. 

He didn't seem to know haw to respond to that. And wandered off .  I was only later I realized he was Rosy Greer and was out stumping for a senatorial candiate.  Oh well I was focused on sales.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service