Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

We are deep into art fair season right now! If you don't have a show you must be in some other business!

Big ones in State College, PA and Madison, WI -- I mean large numbers of artists. Then the other sweet ones, in St. Joe, MI, on the bluff overlooking Lake Michigan and the one we always did, Cain Park in Cleveland Heights, OH. What about Guilford, CT? Corn Hill in Rochester, NY?

In Michigan the Royal Oak Outdoor Art fair, Wyandotte Street Fair, Plymouth, MI's Art in the Park -- I think the list could be very long. How about you? Setting up in State College right now?

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just as surprised to see you and Stephen, Kathleen. 

It is a tiny show in a very tiny town, but the show organizer, Shireen Kline is working so hard to take advantage of the small communities and the artists who don't travel far, it was time to see how she was doing. Nice little show.

Her next show is Art on the Farm in New Carlisle, IN, Aug. 23 & 24.

Best wishes on your move, Kathleen.

I'm doing a very small show in Winchester, Virginia.  I believe it will be a good location for me, money plus mountains but I am very apprehensive about it.  It appears to be a first year show and the organizers are very disorganized.  But the booth fee is low and it is reasonably close so I'm going to give it a try.

I LOVE Winchester!  Allison - what's the name of the show?  Do they have a Facebook page I share with all the cousins I have in that town?  They do go to the art shows in the area.

It is called the Boundless bazaar. It is being held on Loudon st in old town. Winchester. There is a link on my website under Upcoming Events. Www.serenityscenes.com
I'm in booth 34. I'll be able to walk around some since my wife is with me. We're coming up on Friday morning, hoping to beat the cross town rush hour traffic. I'm still in shock when we came up for the Schaumburg show a few weeks ago and it was a couple of hours to go from downtown to Schaumburg. I'm hoping to hit downtown about 1:30 or so.

That should be safe.  Was Schaumburg on Memorial Day?  That would make it worse.  Hopefully we will get a chance to connect.

Scaumberg was on that weekend. I had forgotten about that connection. No wonder traffic was a zoo.

Steamboat Springs, CO, Art in the Park. Cool mountain weather along the Yampa River. One of my favorites for setting and $.  I'm in 111 in any other AF'ers are there. Balloon Festival and weekend rodeo are part of the scene. I will pass on "clothing optional" after 9:00 pm Strawberry Hot Springs in favor of the hot tub. LOL.

Hah! I did a show like that several years back, except there wasn't a time limit on it. The show was held on the grounds of a folk lore center way out in the boondocks of far western NY. My first indication this was a different show was when I read the sign driving in that said "Skyclad only beyond this point". Best thing I can say is that who should didn't and those who shouldn't did. It was an interesting show ;-)

Art in the Park; Plymouth, MI Booth 325

Yay! Just had a thousand dollar day Friday at Art in the Park! But I'm pulling the 5x7 Lego photos out of my booth to save inventory for Ann Arbor...

GOOD FOR YOU! I remember our first $1000 day. It was in our third year at Ann Arbor.

See you soon at AA (Ann Arbor, that is).

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service