We are deep into art fair season right now! If you don't have a show you must be in some other business!

Big ones in State College, PA and Madison, WI -- I mean large numbers of artists. Then the other sweet ones, in St. Joe, MI, on the bluff overlooking Lake Michigan and the one we always did, Cain Park in Cleveland Heights, OH. What about Guilford, CT? Corn Hill in Rochester, NY?

In Michigan the Royal Oak Outdoor Art fair, Wyandotte Street Fair, Plymouth, MI's Art in the Park -- I think the list could be very long. How about you? Setting up in State College right now?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a news report from the Krasl Art Fair in St. Joseph, MI. Very interesting and well written story. As we all know rain and wind are not stranger to art fairs, but Anne London reports that once in Colorado she had a bear in her booth! 

Also, really cool is that they have a dog sitting program, so that if you bring your dog to the show you have a nice place to leave him/her. Any other show do this?

Read it all here: http://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/cloudy-skies-warm-recepti...

• State College in PA. I know the weekend is over, I just can never post in time.

• I was at the 23rd Annual Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue show. A three day show in the heart of downtown Chicago. Weather was touch and go Saturday morning, but cleared up beautifully by 11:00.

• Great to hear from you, Diana, and always nice to hear good news.

• Heading home from Steamboat Springs, CO today with money in my pocket LOL. I'll write a review later but have a bunch of special orders to get out before leaving for Winter Park, CO on Thursday. Got a lead from a wildlife photographer where about 20 moose hang out south of Estes Park. Going to check that out after show there Labor Day.
  • I am at Krasl art festival. Nice weather, a lot of people, right next to the beach so m. 5-Year-old doesn't feel bored. And i have even won a ribbon. So, nothing to complain about. Will be back next year.
    • No little buddy right next to you like at Old Town for your daughter? What a beautiful place to be this weekend, Sabrina, and congratulations on the ribbon. You are really starting out in this business well. Will you be in Ann Arbor also?

• Just found this story about the Cain Park Arts Festival -- just in case any of you are thinking about "next year": http://www.cleveland.com/style/index.ssf/2014/07/cain_park_arts_fes...

• Other picture, can't get two pictures to upload at same time. Ahh the smell of sulphur springs in the air like Yellowstone. I have to request booth space away from the springs or my silver will turn brown overnight.

301663249?profile=RESIZE_480x480

image.jpg

• Richard - ok, have to admit, have not been in area where sulphur springs are present with our silver jewelry.  Does it really turn it brown?  If so, I guess this is one area we take off our list and one more thing to have to consider as we look at new shows in 2015.  We were really thinking a summer in CO would be nice, are there other areas with sulphur springs we should avoid?

This reply was deleted.