Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Inquiring minds want to know. Are any of you going to be participating in an art fair? I'll be in Novi, MI, at the Great Lakes Art Fair. Will you be there? Please let me know below.

Bunches of you are already in Texas for the Main Street Fort Worth Festival -- always an exciting show. Tell us where you are and give a booth number.

Not at an art fair? Tell us what else an artist can do with a weekend off.

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a nice article in the Fort Worth press, leading up to the festival: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/13/main-street-arts-festival-to-bri...
Relaxing in Sanibel Island, Florida. Also, following up on leads and orders from my first wholesale show - NEPTS New England Products Trade Show. NEPTS is a regional show. Buyers included stores from LL Bean, WholeFoods to small seasonal shops around New England. I had a very successful show. It also gave me the chance to test the wholesale market.
That sounds interesting, Marilyn. Worth a blog post to tell us about that marketplace?
I have rented a wall at Art Works in Richmond, Va and will be setting it up this weekend.  Then Clif and I will be moving furniture around to get the living room done in preparation for his mother's first visit to our new house.  We also hope to install our new "Yankee Flipper" bird feeder which should produce some amusing photographs although that may have to wait until next weekend.  The house is coming along well.  My office and framing room are ready enough for me to work in and I have been doing printing for Arts in the Park the end of April.
We'll be at Artfest in Port Orange. It's a new show for us!
Mainsail Art Festival in wonderful St. Petersburg Florida...if your there, please stop by and say hello!
I will be at the Great Lakes Art Fair also.  We always look forward to doing this show and I can't think of a better way to start out the season.  Great ambiance, fantastic people to work with, good crowds (especially for a spring show.) This year we actually plan on going to the artist reception on Saturday night.  We could never make it before and have heard it's a blast!  I was pleasantly surprised to see not one or two, but several commercials on TV advertising the show.   When I sent out an email to the teachers that I work with to offer free tickets they were snapped up in minutes.   Hmmmmmmmm
Oh yes, Connie. It should be a good weekend. The weather is going to be awful (so wonderful for an indoor show), we are sharing the building with the Wine Show, and all those folks get free passes to the art fair. The advertising dollars go a lot farther when it is not election season. It is really hard to get any attention, or afford any, during campaign season as happened last fall. See you at the reception with your Red Dot in my hand. Glad you can make that, it is a really nice opportunity to visit with others and have a drink or two.
Amanda and I will be at the Delray affair in Delray Beach.  Wish us luck.  BTW last week at Art in the Park in Miami... the show was a total bust and the promoter is basically.... I'll be charitable and say she stretches the truth.  Avoid Oceanside productions.
I've been wondering about that show.  I'm really sorry to hear it didn't go well, Larry.  She came by my booth a couple of months ago to talk about the show.
i'm heading to Art is Alive at the cultural center for the arts in canton ohio !
Very cool! Staci. We'll be thinking of you as you throw the dust off your art fair business and start anew.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey
Who Won and Why

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service