Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I have applied to a couple of shows put on by the group Vintage Market Days .  I found out a few weeks ago that I am waitlisted for the spring 2017 show in Amite, LA (3/10-3/12, 2017).

However I just got notification yesterday afternoon of acceptance at the one in Brandon, Miss., just outside Jackson.  This is one is a couple of weeks after the one in Amite (3/31-4/2, 2017).

I am wondering if any of have done any of their shows?  What should I expect?  Any advice?

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did and was told that nothing is available.  Our set up time is Thursday at 2pm so we hope that maybe the weather looks better by then.  We have wood products that can't be outside for 3 days, even under our canopy.  I'll be sure to find you so that we can meet in person.  Good luck. 

Sounds great! My booth is SamAndTilly (broken China jewelry) Good luck. 

Lisa and Laura,

When this event is over, I hope you'll do your own review so we can all read about it.  I would suggest that if you do your own review that you start a new discussion so it's more easily visible in searches.  Anxiously awaiting to hear how it turns out!

Cindy and Laura,

i submitted a review. 

Laura, I’m interested in your thoughts. I didn’t get a chance to look you up. Hope you did better than me. Considering the door was about a third of the last show I guess I did ok, but I def won’t be back. 

We ended up not participating due to the weather.  We were supposed to set up Thursday afternoon and is was pouring at the time.  The show owner would not allow us to move our time and was not flexible at all.  She would not even allow us our 2 tickets that were paid for with the entry fee, so we didn't even attend.  I won't try for this one again, since we did not have a good experience with the owner.  I am sorry that it wasn't great for you.  I'd love to chat more about local shows in the future. 

Lisa,

Where can I find your review?

Laura,

I am sorry the promoter was not more flexible.  I suppose this shows that one's experience can vary from one show/promoter to another.  We have had very good experiences at the VMD shows we've done.  What was their reason for not giving you the tickets since you had paid your booth fees?

Cindy, I submitted my review and was asked follow up questions, but haven’t been notified that it has been posted. I will add the link here when it is. 

Laura, I was also left with a poor impression of the owners. I’m not looking for a new BFF but boy she did not make any friends this year!  I have to shake my head when people who can’t complete a sentence without mentioning praying and drop God’s name at the drop of a hat conduct themselves in such an arrogant manner.  I guess if it had been a good show I’d find a way to put up with her, but this is one bridge I am happily burning!

I was invited today to be a vendor at the Jingle Bell Market in Florence SC as a result of being “discovered” at the VMD in Camden.  The organizer told me they get 10,000 attendees over 3 days.  Looks like they have vintage-type products and craftsmen, but in separate sections. I like what I’ve read so far, but 3 days in a hotel plus the $300 fee seems a little daunting today. You might be interested.

Thanks!

I read the review.  I am sorry it was not better for you.  I suppose I have been fortunate.

If the attendance had been 6000 like the last one instead of 2000 and my sales were also tripled, I’d be delighted. It’s always a gamble! 

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2018   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service