I have seen discussions on this topic that are old. Does anyone have any recent experience or recommendations on selecting newer cargo vans? I am a two-dimensional artist that has outgrown his 2017 Chrysler Pacifica (140 cu. ft. storage). I need a larger cargo van that will still fit in my standard two-car garage. Or for those that have large vans, where do you park it if you can't leave it in your driveway (HOA rules)? Thank you for any input.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Mercedes Metris looks like a great vehicle. Searching online I find 2016's for less than $19,000 with low miles on them. That sounds like an excellent type art fair and touring vehicle. AWESOME! I bet more will become available due to COVID-19 business and money losses. Sad, but probably true. Thanks for posting about yours, Judy, and Al for the topic to begin with. 

• You are welcome, all!

• We have a 2016 Mercedes Metris, little brother of the Sprinter. Fits into the garage easily. We had been driving a Honda Ridgeline with a trailer for some years when we lived in the country and had the room.

Perfectly happy with the van. It's reasonably priced.

• Thanks for your recommendation, Judy. I looked at some Metris vans today. They are really nice. Perfect for my needs. Unfortunately, I found out I owe more on my Pacifica than it is worth, so I may have to wait a bit. Did you buy new or used? Also, which model and wheelbase did you buy? 

If I have to go the trailer route until I can afford to switch to the Metris, do you have any recommendations or tips I should consider? I thought I could park the trailer in the garage and leave my car on the driveway (not ideal). Thanks so much for your input.

• We have a basic model, Metris. I bought it new and I think it was the first year that it was in the US. It has been in Europe for some time, believe it's called a Vito over there. I see few on the road. We were at a rest area with ours when we met another couple that also had one and they showed us how they had added a window and transformed the interior for travelling/sleeping. They were very happy with it, and were driving from NJ to CA. 

My trailer was a 5 x 8 I believe, not too large so we could maneuver without too much trouble, also could fit into a garage. It was good to have for extra storage space. 

Some basic maintenance on the Metris is a bit higher than on other vehicles if you take it to the dealer.

• Thank you for the info. Judy!

This reply was deleted.