Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Thunderstorms are expected at the art fair I'm attending next weekend. I've participated in a couple small local shows, but this will be my first larger show. And I've never done a show in the rain. 

To prepare, I recently purchased a flourish trimline tent with a clear door wall for the front. I'll use flourish's mesh panels to hang my paintings and digital art, and I'll have a couple art bins for prints. I also have foam grid flooring.

Any tips or advice? Should I take artwork that I'm not that worried about getting ruined by rain and save my better work for shows that won't damage it? 

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Views: 2607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks to all your tips and my excessive planning my artwork managed to stay dry at the art fair! It rained and thunder stormed both days. There was even hail on Saturday night. My trim line tent made it through it all, no leaks. The cleanup sucked though; I had to dry everything out the next day. But I had good sales at the show so I'm happy I went even though there were storms. I've attached a photo of my booth so you all can see my setup. And thanks again for the advice everyone! Really appreciate it :-D

Attachments:

Nice work!  Love the cats.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service