The Square

The Square is a free swiper that plugs into your smart phone or ipad. It is easy and has few fees, BUT it seems too good to be true. I have serious doubts & want to hear from others about this company and machine.

Has anyone here have experience with it, or has researched it or? One downside is that they will only deposit the 1st $1000 in your account and hold anything above that for a week or more. (This is a shifting # so I'm not sure what it is currently.)

Comments, thoughts, experiences?

Thanks.

Carla

url to them if you want to see:

https://squareup.com/  

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi I posted this in another discussion but is is obviously relevant here as well.  Thank you for your support 

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on this. 1st National Payment Solutions has been devoted to providing superior service and support to the artisan community for over 25 years. Over the last few years, during these rough economic times the back end processors who we use to make all of this possible have gotten out of control with the monthly fees and annual fees they forced upon our company and our merchants. All of these additional recurring fees upset a lot of our clients and nearly forced us straight out of the market in our #1 niche.

As a result we've adapted and since Nov 2011 have been offering our FREE Pay-As-You-Go Credit Card processing model. Similar to the Square model our Pay-As-You-Go plan has absolutely no recurring fees whatsoever and comes with a free swiper for your smart phone if that is the method you choose. Our plan is superior to the Square in that our free swipe device is much more durable than the square and made for high volume over long periods of time. We also offer a swipe/print device that will work with your smart phone. In addition, our Pay-As-You-Go model allows you to use any device, not just a smart phone with a dongle so if you are happy with your current wireless, store and forward or any other credit card processing device we offer the exact same plan for those as well and can very easily reprogram any one with zero cost to you. And if you don't have a unit we have many different options from which you can choose all which qualify for the same plan.

Our Pay-As-You-Go processing comes with the 24/7, 1 on 1 US based customer service & support that merchants have appreciated for 25 years. We have a solid reputation and stand behind our products and services and have the testimonials, BBB ratings and referrals to support that.

Please contact our company if you would like more info on this plan or any other merchant service plan that you might need.

Our Toll Free Number 877-964-1622 , our website is www.1nbcard.com and email sales@1nbcard.com

By the way I am using one of my salespersons accounts on here because mine is pending approval but I will be monitoring this actively. I can be reached directly at mike@1nbcard.com.

Looking forward to a long term mutually beneficial relationship.

Sincerely,

Michael DiGiovanni
    President
    mike@1nbcard.com

• Devin,

I currently have a Verifone VX 610.  I only use the wireless during the summers when I have shows, but I have ongoing charges of $15 per month for service fee, PCI protection, and emerchant support.  Can I switch this over to Pay-As-You-Go?

• My only issue so far with Square has been at least on the Android side of it, you only get 1 line to input items, I have requested from them that they add more lines like the IOS version has so you can seperate you product if you sell more than 1 item at a time...small thing I realize, but like I said the IOS version has it....

• You can also sign up for square and use it without swiping. I had one and it didn't work [it was old, and hadn't used it], so I entered everything manually and it was fine.

• they charge more when you enter it manually

• I didn't really have a choice at that moment...got one now!

• My square experience has been excellent. The one time I contacted them I received an email response within a few hours. I also ordered a second swiper which I received in two days. Having said that, if you're the type of person that needs your hand held (not that there's anything wrong with that) I would suggest sticking with the more traditional processors.

• I am glad that all of you havent had any problems with the Square. I guess the whole thing is that to contact them is very limited and no real customer service. No 800# or anything of the sort. Maybe I am being to cautious on this, I dont know. Flip a coin I guess.

• Intuit can be called.  I had to call them to reset my password while I was out in the field a couple of weeks ago.

• My square experience has been excellent. I have been using it for just over a year. If I ever have concerns or problems, I just tweet them @squaresupport and I usually get a fairly quick response. I say it is power to the people. I am working on my business taxes right now and in 2010 I spent over $1200 on fees for credit cards. In 2011 I think it is around $ 250 with sales in a similar range. I love it. I already had an iPhone so was paying the data fee already, it totally made sense to ditch the other company and go Square.
This reply was deleted.