The Horror!

Cackling and horrified, I untied the loose knots holding up curtain backdrop as quickly as I was able. Thankfully and blissfully, the curtains dropped to the ground. I clipped the curtains shut and hung as much weight on the bottom of the curtains as I dared.

Giddy laughter would not stop bubbling from my lips. Again and again I looked in disbelief at the photo I had just snapped of my booth. I could not have set up, framed or imagined a more perfectly horrible image of my booth.

A gigantic, stomach churning, revolting butt crack was perfectly centered in the middle of my booth.

The take away lesson boys and girls? Always, always, ALWAYS, take a moment before the show begins to step back and look at what YOUR booth looks like from the aisle. ALWAYS!!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Too funny!  I'm wondering if the butt belongs to another artist who might be a member here, but (or butt?) I'm hoping for both your sakes that's not the case LOL!

• you made my day

• Ah ha ha ha ha!  That's a "when you see it..." image, for sure! 

• LOL, This what I call reference picture.

• Hilarious, I would have taken that photo, too. 

I see that at school all the time.  I always wonder how it is that people don't realize that their pants are that low. 

That person is most likely one of those Walmartians that shop at Walmart.

• No, Jacki, that person is one of "us."

Otherwise, Lynda, love the booth, perfect for a farmers market and a smaller show. Definitely would shake them up at SOFA.

Some years ago I was running a show and one of the exhibitors had piles of jewelry in baskets, I was about apoplectic, but my son who was with me and heard me saying how awful it was, said that his wife, a great shopper and fashionista, would have dived into that booth to see what she could find.

• How old is this photo? Is it really yours, Lynda? Love it.

Certainly doesn't look like the pro-Paneled booths usually featured on this site. But I love all the catchy elements. Honestly would not have noticed the center of the image if you hadn't pointed it out I was so interested in all the elements. I agree with Barrie -- goes in the new thread I'd like to see take off "People of Art Fair Land." 

•  Connie, I took this photo on Sunday, and yes really it's mine. When I put this booth together I was simply doing small local shows, Farmers Markets etc. testing the markets with my bracelets. It allowed me to the freedom to create an environment I never would have tried if I was applying to 'big' shows. I had lots of good feedback and sales last summer with this set-up, so am doing 'big' shows this year.

Thank you for loving it!

• LOL 

• My eyes, my eyes! LOL! I think this picture is seared into my retinas =8-O

Maybe this is why Larry Berman says to do your booth shots at home ;-)

This reply was deleted.