Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Well, hasn't this been fun? Nearly 80 artists exchanged gifts from coast to coast. They have posted their thanks and images of their gifts right here: https://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/here-comes-santa-part-...

Everyone who posts their thanks and a story about their gift is eligible to win a special prize. The best story will be chosen by an eminent judge, Cindy Lerick (acting Interim Executive Director, Saint Louis Art Fair).

The prize: a double set of coasters of tumbled travertine tile created by Cindy Welch. They are absorbent when drinks condensate and are made in a smoke-free, pet-free studio. Felt pads are placed on the bottom to help prevent scratching furniture. the winner can choose the fleur de lis design or a monogram.

Director Lerick will be choosing the winner on Jan. 21. In the meantime, be sure you have added your thanks and images to the discussion.

Is it time to say Happy New Year?

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Connie, thank you so much for this opportunity!  Though I am not a "fine" artist, I appreciate the acceptance & encouragement I have found here.  Looking forward to the new year here!

Cindy, my passion is to support people who are "creators" ... I can't go to an art fair, craft show or a farmers market, or any place where people are entrepreneurial without spending ... I appreciate so much the thought processes and labor that creates or grows or refurbishes or recycle/reuse. This is not about "fine" artist.

Thank you Connie!

Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all of the wonderful people who make up Art Fair Insiders.  I consider all of you to be friends at a distance and hope to meet more of you close up and personal this year.

Thank you, Kathy. I know, great people in this business and it is always a thrill for me when I meet someone who participates here at an art fair. I think my next stop is the Garage Sale Art Fair in Kalamazoo Feb. 23. I'm going to bring a gang of friends to shop from Fort Wayne. An overnight and a great meal included in that. What is called "art fair tourism." Helps the city by our lodging and drink, gas stations maybe, and my favorite people.

Drum roll please ... our esteemed judge, Cindy Lerick, Director of the Saint Louis Art Fair has chosen the winner of this year's Secret Santa gift exchange. Her mission was to read all the posts to the Secret Santa thank you discussion and choose the one that tells the best story and/or the whole package (thank you and gift) is the best.

The winner of the double set of coasters created by member Cindy Welch is Robin Klarmann

Honorable mention is Debbie Stillman.

Judge's comments:

I was intrigued with the story and amazed how she but the gift back together again. She could have thrown it out in the trash  and said “EHH I got screwed”, but she maintained the spirit of the holiday and put together to be sure her gift giver didn’t feel horrid. Kind gift receiver.

I also like the story by Debbie Stillman, who received a scarf and up until this year, she didn’t wear scarves. She didnot put that she was a newbie in the scarf scene and behold a scarf in her favorite color was her gift. A holiday gift gone right.

All of the gifts were amazing and I would have been honored to receive any of them. Kudos to all for a great job!

Congrats to Robin and Debbie. Robin wins the Cindy Welch coasters and Debbie wins a copy of Mckenna Hallett's Art Seller's Guidebook, "The E's of Selling Art System."

Thank you Cindy and Connie.

You're welcome, Robin. Please contact Cindy for fulfillment on your prize: cynthiawelchdesigns@comcast.net

Robin, you can contact me at cynthiawelchdesigns@comcast.net when you are ready to discuss your prize.  Congratulations!

Congratulations to you both, Robin and Debbie!

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey
Who Won and Why

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service