Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals
I purchased an Abc canopy about two years ago, I was so impressed that I now have 3. Easy to put up, clicks on legs have a push button (no pinched fingers) the top is made of a heavy canvas type material. I have not had any problems with leaks, the sides attach with a strong 3 inch Velcro (I have not had them detach until I do it) The top is easy to attach at the corners (easy push button)
not all of the canopy’s come with sides, must read the details. All come with a wheeled carrying case (rolls better than most)
I am still using all of my canopies and refer them to everyone I meet. I do many many festivals and my canopies are well used. The color still looks good after two years. I leave the top on the frame for storage, makes it faster to put up.
Thank you, Susan! I feel so much better about buying one. I read a lot of reviews but I wanted an insider's opinion. Blessings, Ann
How do they compare to EZ-UP Tents?
I am also buying my first tent, and the ABC and EZ-UP are comparable in price.
I do know that a strong with can bend the supports in an EZ-UP. Does the ABC have the same problem?
I would buy a "Undercover R-2" before n EZ up. Big difference in structural integrity.
Is the Undercover R-3 different or just the newest version of the R-2? I couldn't find the R-2 on their site.
I read some reviews and it looks like you need to waterproof the seams of the R-3 yourself or they will leak, so I ended up buying an ABCCanopy. It comes with 2 extra half walls and a screen wall and was about the same price.
Sorry I did not see your question before this. The R-3 is an upgrade of the R-2, I believe. Don't worry about the seam sealing. I sprayed mine a couple of years ago, when new. Never did it again. No problem on two tents. BTW the only seams are the ones on the top, to be sealed. Simple pump spray of the fabric protectent.
Quick question for those of you who have purchased from ABC Canopy, did you order direct from the company or through Amazon? It was cheaper to order from the company but I have received no shipping info, expected the tent last week and we're still waiting.
I ordered mine through Amazon because they will tell you exactly when your shipment will arrive.
I did get the tent and it has good and bads.
I need up getting an ABC Canopy
• The frame is really solid compared to any other tent Ive seen that tend to bend and break.
• The walls attach with Velcro, so they were really easy to put up.
• It came with a screen wall which will be nice if I ever want to set it up for parties
• Everything fits perfectly into the carry case
• The carry case has handles in numerous locations for easier moving
• The walls are very thin compared to the E-Z Up tents I've used in the past. Not see-through, but very translucent. Helped jeep the inside nice and bright in the sun, but I'm worried they'll eventually tear.
• The ground stakes are only about 6" long and practically useless IMHO
• The front panel has two zippers making it kind of a 3 piece wall, but the zippers don't go all the way up, so 3 panels can be separated.
• My 7' grid panels would only fit outside the frame structure. The cross-beams were about 4" too low. This limited me a bit in how I organized my panels.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the tent. We'll have to see how well the roof and wall panels hold up over time.