Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I'm looking for a new service to set up my own website and blog. The one I currently use offers a limited amount of options such as a way to collect email addresses. Is anyone using a service that they really like and would recommend? It doesn't have to be free.

Views: 811

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice Karen! I ended up going with a WordPress site. It took a bit of time to get everything set up, but it has a lot of features.

lbstewart.com

Looks terrific! I didn't realize WordPress had the options you've utilized. I use WordPress for a site I've created for Curves club owners that I do some graphic design work for and have found it works well for that. I need to look at it a little further, though, as your site showed me a variety of options I haven't implemented.

Lori, your site looks great! Well done!

Your site does look great, Lori. Didn't you have a video website makeover from my son, Scott Fox, a while back? I see a lot of his principles in evidence -- in particular a smiling photo of you on the home page (I mean, a lot of the "sell" is the personal nature of our work) and the email collector on the right hand side. Necessary because you never know when people will want to hear from you. Nice job.

Yes I did! It was very helpful.

I went around and around with hosting plans before I found GoogleSites. Free hosting for individuals... it took me two days from scratch to live website. Some options are limited, but forced me to keep the site clean and uncluttered. Check out my site at www.cottonsoutharts.com to see what a rank novice can do with GoogleSites.

T

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service