Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I'm new here and not sure if this is the right forum (or if the topic has been done to death. I did try searching before I posted!).

After seeing photos of the horrible storm at the Columbus Arts Festival last weekend, it occurred to me that having a "storm emergency protocol" for me and my teenage son, who usually helps me, to follow would be an excellent idea. I have weathered some moderately scary thunderstorms, but nothing too severe.

Fortunately, I make jewelry, so I could probably clear my tables and secure my inventory in a matter of minutes.

I have an EZ Up canopy and a good set of canopy weights. I usually lower and zip my sides if there's bad weather brewing, but I'm not sure what, if anything, I should do beyond that. Lower my tent height? Is hanging on to the tent frame for dear life counterproductive in terms of its likelihood to bend?

I do think I'm going to buy another set of clamps and some pool noodles to combat water pooling on the canopy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But those drywall screws go in so EASY!!! ;-)
Number one, if you have to hold down your tent, you are in danger.  We often put 600 pounds of waits on tents in high wind areas and still they can fly.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service