I've started moving my canvas prices up from below dirt cheap ($40 to $125) to bargain prices ($125-300)... and believe me getting $300 recently for an original made me feel both great and nervous... so now in order to keep the slow price increase going I want to improve the presentation of each piece. I generally only sign pieces very small in the lower right hand corner, and sometimes its just my initials (smaller pieces).
Below is a list of things I think I should either start doing or do better. I'd like to get feedback on the importance of each.
1. Certificate of authenticity on back
2. Artist Bio on back
3. Sign art both front and back
4. Name each piece on the back or on the canvas edge
5. Paint edges of canvas with a "signature color"... like a custom mixed dark gray.
6. Use good quality Varnish, maybe more than one coat (currently just spray a little matte)
Thanks in advance.