Secret Santa, Part II - 2020

Welcome to our 50+ Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 7. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. NEW this year: there is a link directing you where to put your mailing address. Do it now!
  3. Go to your drawn name's page on DrawNames.com (Secret Santa 2020-Art Fair Insiders) and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting and ask for ideas on what they want from Santa.
  4. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  5. Put your package in the mail by December 22. 
  6. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner. This year's prize is this photo by Robert Wallis, the lighthouse at Point Ninini, Kauai, Hawaii.

See how last year's Santas posted their gifts here.
  7. Deadline for posting is Jan. 5.
  8. On January 6 we'll have a Zoom meeting to meet one another and show off our gifts. 

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 8396876676?profile=RESIZE_710xLook what just arrived!! From Roxy Lentz, my 2019 Secret Santa! I'm going to save it and open during the Secret Santa Zoom meeting tomorrow, Jan. 7, 6 pm Eastern Time. Will I see you there? I'd love to meet you, new folks and some of the old reliables,, and you know who you are! I hate to start naming names ...

If yiuo haven't zoomed before I suggest you click this link a little early to get it set up on your device.

Here is the Zoom info: 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89311241988?pwd=cExyMlFNVGZjdDZKMDRGN1A5N...

Meeting ID: 893 1124 1988

Passcode: 161642

• I want to extend a special thank you to Russ Mead for my gift of an "ink wash" painting of a fish.  It is matted (black) and ready to frame.  I have to admit that I know nothing of the technique but would love to learn more.
    8396885086?profile=RESIZE_710x

20210101_135610.jpg

• Many thanks to Leslie Turner for her beautiful glass work gifts!  I collect Christmas ornaments, so the little glass angel is a welcome addition!  And how did she know I have three daughters with pierced ears, haha; now the only fighting will be over who gets which pair!  Sorry to post so late, but I just received my gifts yesterday, through no fault of Leslie; our post office here was one of the many so overrun with packages and employees out sick with Covid.  Leslie, oh my, you didn't have to send another gift also!!!  But I will happily welcome it and more of your beautiful work.  So sorry to hear about the situation with your Dad; hope things go smoother for the both of you soon!8395037693?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Glad you like the ornament. I guess Santa whispered in my ear to send three pairs of earrings, not two! ;)

• I want to thank my Secret Santa for the lovely fused glass items - a necklace, a magnet and a jewelry tray - so very lovely! I LOVE them all. Thank you and here's to a very happy and successful 2021 for all!

Sent with a Smile - Dona Antonelli

8390842058?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I did this wrong somehow but I did want to thank Michael Terra from Terra Cottage ceramics for my beautiful cup. I love it. It was worth the wait.
      • Wow, you did well, Angela. Good job. Nice  staging!

• Who is the Uber Santa this year? It has got to be Leslie Turner who has gifted several of us. My thanks to her for my gift also. She read my Wish List and knew what I liked: color-pink; glass; handmade ... and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Check this out:

8365770874?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I am glad you like your earrings. Unfortunately some of my gifts have gotten hung up in the mail. And I may miss the Zoom party. My 82 year old Dad fell and broke his femur today. The VA hospital in Memphis had to find another hospital to take him because they were full. Covid strikes again. So my schedule is up in the air for the new little while as I deal with Dad's situation without being able to actually visit him in the hospital. Crazy Times.

I already sent Robert a rainbow to brighten his window, and I will be happy to send out more packages when I get home if anyone got left out or needs a little extra. If any of you ladies want a pair of earrings, send me an address and a color preference. Also post or dangle. Guys, if you would like a pair for your wife, girlfriend, or daughter, send the same info. I will get to everyone ASAP.

This reply was deleted.