Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Welcome to our Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 10. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. Go to that person's link on DrawNames.com and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting.
  3. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  4. Put your package in the mail by December 17. 

5. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner.

6. Deadline for posting is Jan. 14.

7. The prize will be a silver pendant that comes with a sterling silver chain, your choice in length, created by member Debbie Stillman.

The prize: This is “Oceania’s Baby”.  He’s only 1 1/4” long and is set with a tiny Aquamarine.  He is hand sculpted and is .960 Sterling Silver with a .925 Sterling Silver chain.

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

Views: 1342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was able to upload a lot easier off of a computer interface compared to my phone. I highly suggest using that if available. Thanks again to Tina's Tie Dye for the shirt, socks, card and homebrew. We hung the card with our other xmas cards in our house. The beer was a good fit for the snow and cold we had. Cheers.

Thanks

Larry, I'm glad you liked your gifts. Your card wall display is great!

Tina

Larry Raineri - Thanks for the rustic salsa cup. Don’t know if that’s specifically what was in mind when made, but it was the first thing I thought of when I removed it from the box. Since I often have salsa and chips for lunch, it was the perfect gift. Happy Holidays!

Kate McKeough  www.sundreamcatchers.com sent this beautiful suncatcher. This photo doesn't do it justice but it's the best I could do under the circumstances.

We had an interesting back and forth via email because I couldn't find the package. After blasting the usps under my breath I finally found it where my carrier had so thoughtfully placed it out of sight of the public. My bad. 

I saw the sundreamcatcher link so I clicked on it. Really great items!

Thank you, my obsession.  Merry Christmas!

you do amazing work!!!  They are so gorgeous

So pretty. A treasure for a lifetime.

Thanks Ernie, Connie, Judy & Gaynell. I recently got “rejected “ by Tempe so your kind comments help me feel much better!  :-) Kate

I was a bit late getting this out. The package from my Secret Santa, Roxy Lentz, arrived while I was stuck in the hospital for a while. Not one, but six packages arrived in what looked like a CARE package for artists. I'm happy to say that my Secret Santa has a sense of humor to match my own and probably exceeds it. There were gifts suitable for my wife, some nice copper earrings, some tasty caramel, some good humor pieces, and a little Star Wars figure that will go well with my GI Joe and Barbie figures as soon as I can figure out a good caption for them.

I opened the package to find a note on top that gave directions to open them in sequence, then each package had a personal note which was really a nice touch. The film was a cool touch as I still shoot some film, and the last gift gave me a good much needed laugh. I assume since it wasn't numbered as an edition, it must be a one-of-a-kind piece. That one gets framed and hung above my work area as a reminder to keep working and thinking out of the box.

The Mad Magazine was an appropriate touch. I've decided my Secret Santa is also clairvoyant as she hit it out of the park on all six swings :-)

Thank you for this, I am not clairvoyant, I just read your website, and what you said on the wish list. Sorry for the pestering to be told you actually got the package, I was feeling I missed the mark. Since women having babies are chased out of the hospital these days before even 24 hours are up, you must have had serious issues. Glad you are better, and I guess at home now. 

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service