Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Welcome to our Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 10. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. Go to that person's link on DrawNames.com and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting.
  3. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  4. Put your package in the mail by December 17. 

5. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner.
  6. Deadline for posting is Jan. 14.
  7. The prize will be a silver pendant that comes with a sterling silver chain, your choice in length, created by member Debbie Stillman.

The prize: This is “Oceania’s Baby”.  He’s only 1 1/4” long and is set with a tiny Aquamarine.  He is hand sculpted and is .960 Sterling Silver with a .925 Sterling Silver chain.

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Way cool! You’ve played with this all these years as a secret Santa Robert and then I’m valued member of this site since there was a beginning. You deserve all the sweet things that Santa has sent you. PS do not eat the banana. It may be worth a lot of money to you especially if Santa signed it.

Where are the other pictures. I finally posted my SS gift but now I can’t find it lol.

I’m so glad everything arrived in one piece. I was worried about the homebrew !

Merry Christmas to me!  What an amazing secret Santa gift from Patti Monroe-Mohrenweisrer!  This is truly a wonderful little treasure.  I’m thrilled to have been the lucky recipient of this encaustic artwork!  Gets my creative juices flowing. Thanks Patti!

Debra Lofranco, my 2 cats love the "SPA package" you sent us! Thank you so much for the presents and the note! I love the definition of your business name De'Vora on your card. Wishing you tons of success in your new Journey as an Entrepreneur! Cheers, Julia

Attachments:

Julia, 

Thank you so much! I am so happy that you like it. Please feel free to send a picture of your cats playing with it to my email if you get a chance! 

I received a beautiful necklace and earrings from Peter Brown of Rhinoglass. I LOVE them!  I'm a huge fan of purple and Peter made my necklace purple.  I've worn it several times and have gotten numerous compliments. I'm trying to attach a photo of me wearing the necklace (which you can see well) and the earrings (which you can't see so well).  

Thank you to my Secret Santa, Connie Mettler. She sent me what I originally described as an interactive paperweight. Then my daughter pointed out that the glass insert is a perfume applicator and that the paperweight is actually hollow! Thank you for the gorgeous perfume bottle. I also received some vintage beads from Connie’s mother’s collection. I love vintage beads - they have a lot of character. And, speaking of character, I received a 2001 copy of Barbara Garrison’s book, “Twenty-five Years and Still Serving Time on the Circuit.” I loved her sketches and commentary on what we see and hear at shows, such as, “I am all for family reunions, but not in my booth; I like it, but where would I put it,’, and the ever popular, “ what can you do for us on the price,” while holding a Tiffany bag! The author is the original “S**t overheard at art shows” commentator!  Thank you Connie, both for organizing Secret Santa and for the great gifts!

Thanks again for this wonderful necklace, Sandra Schwarzbeck!!- my daughter is amazed by the chain, lol.    

I would like to thank Ellen Schneider from FL for her lovely beach greeting cards and 8x10 matted Photography prints. As a girl who grew up around the beach in Texas, the sandy beach was my playground and I have fond memorizes of playing on the beach and collecting sea shells, which I am still prone to do when I get a chance to be at the ocean. I can spend many hours searching and collecting sea glass, sea shells and other treasures and carefully packing them for their journey home. I have had many a time where I had sand everywhere on the plane or in the bottom of my purse. Unfortunately, I had to leave my beloved ocean 24 years ago and moved to the frozen tundra of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Therefore, I am so humbled and appreciative of your art, generosity and the thoughtfulness put into my gift. I will cherish these forever; use the note cards and display the photos in my studio.
Happy New Year!
Leah Vergara
Attachments:

Here is my adorable present, a Life Map from Ronnis Oher--by viewing my Facebook profile, she made this based on my interests--sweet!

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service