Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I don't get irked very often, but when I get a "call to artists" promotion, that is well written, usually very beautiful and well created. I look at it and say, "wow, looks great, where's it at" but then it doesn't give the viewer any indication of the state or even city it is located in. It may just say Fall Art Show, or Visit Us on Main Street, etc., and when that happens, I usually just delete it and go on to the next. 

Promoters, when you spend all that time and money on creating your promotions, please be sure to indicate where it is....

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I could not agree more. I remember when I first  started out in the 1990's and was looking for a review of Winter Park. "Are these people nuts? They don't have palm trees in Winter Park, CO"!.  Geography is important in this business. FYI it's an ok show in CO. 

Yes, Yes, and Yes drives me crazy

Totally agree!  It’s a total waste of the promoter’s and artist’s time.

Amen. I hit delete on a lot of promoted shows.   I don't have the time to research where and when some highly touted show is. It should be in bold type at the very beginning of the post. 

I agree!  And there are so many "Art in the Parks"!  Sometimes I'm in multiples in one year and I can't keep them straight when they email.  They assume we know which one they are talking about but forget we have so many shows we are involved with.  

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service