Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Many of us here do shows where we set up temporarily for a weekend.  Some may even be in galleries, temporarily or have a permanent rotation, with items on display or for sale.  

I am wondering if any of you rent space for a permanent booth?  I am talking about a brick and mortar that rents out spaces to those who sell their art / craft.  The places I am thinking of collect the money & pay the sales tax (if applicable) to the authorities, provide a 1099 at year's end, etc..  The artist sets up his or her booth with appropriate displays and stock.

If you have your art/craft in one of these places, I am wondering how it is going for you?  Has it met your expectations?  Did it take more or less work than you thought?  If you have left this venue, what caused the departure?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have any particular places in mind but Carol and i have been to these different stores many times and always seem to see a lot we like. They have often ended up with some of my money. I have no idea what their arrangements are regarding prices of artists rental spaces.

RSS

15% Off All Orders! We are offering 15% off every order now through May 31st, with our best wishes for a swift economic recovery for all!

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service