Good Afternoon Fellow Artists!

I was just accepted into a show put on by Paragon Art Festivals (Fairfax, VA) and was wondering if this is promoter is a good one to do a show with?

I will be doing the "St. James Court" (St. James section) in Louisville, KY the weekend before and am trying to decide whether to add on this other show.  It will be a 10 hour drive so there will be a lot more expenses in gas/accomodations and food - and lately with the economy, don't know if it would be worth it?!  

If anyone of you has participated in a show with them, and especially, if you are 2D (I am a painter), I would really appreciate any feedback I can get.

Best

Julia D. McGrath

Julia's Watercolors, LLC

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does anyone have a bead on how the Charleston show went?

• Sheru, Paragon and Bill Kinney are one and the same. When you speak of LBI, I do not think you were at a Paragon/Bill Kinney show. Maybe your experience in 2008 was with another promoter, but in your post you referred to it as "their" show (Paragon)
    • Forgive me if I'm wrong.  The promoters' last name was Boroff and the show was also on Long Beach Island around the same time of year.  I stand corrected!  So please ignore my prior post, Julia, it sounds like this was a different promoter!

And if fact: my apoligies.   I just looked it up and it was indeed Renaissance Craftables, not Paragon.  I don't think I can delete what I said previously, but I now see my mistake.  Thanks for the correction, Leo!  I will not make this mistake again.

• No problem Sheru, it is always good to get the facts correct. By the way, you can always delete a post by clicking on the little orange x in the upper right corner of your post. Take care.
  • I'll know in November, I'm in two of them this fall. I will say that I grew up in Fairfax and there is money there and art savvy people. Also the northern Virginia area does not seem to be as saturated with art shows as other areas. I will be there and I think it is a good bet but then I'm not driving 10 hours to get there.
    • Yikes!  I am so sorry that happened to you.  We did a show in Michigan in May that had to be closed down on Sunday, a half hour after it opened  because of severe weather.  Bill Kinney is the new promoter, haven't heard much of him.
      • P.S. At least Mr. Kinney checked the weather and closed down the show -- that says at least one good thing about him!
        • Mr. Kinney was not the promoter for that show - it was "The Guild".  Thank God they shut it down.
          • Oh, I see -- you did say he's the new promoter.  Gotcha -- missed that at first.  Is The Guild the one that puts out the Artful Home catalogue?  And was your overall experience with The Guild good?
            • The Guild is the former Michigan Guild, not to be confused with the Artful Home folks. Two separate organizations.
This reply was deleted.