Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I am glad to have found this site.  I am new to the Art Fair world and hope to discover which shows would be the best for my kind of work, and to develop a strategy around where I choose to exhibit.  I have only been to two large shows.  The first one was the Western Design Conference in Jackson, Wyoming last September, the second was in Great Falls, MT at the Western Living and Design Show last month.   I have built my art on traditional leather carving techniques and developed my style over 30 years.  I've noticed that most Art Fairs do not have a category for Leather, so I sometimes wonder how I would apply.  I make leather jewelry, (sometimes adding Montana sapphires that I like to mine), personal accessories like belts and handbags, and home interior pieces such as table runners, mirrors and frames.  My website is http://montanaleatherdesigns.com  I am still in the process of adding more product to my site as well as a shopping cart.

I don't see any reviews on this site for Art Festivals and Fairs in Montana?  I know, there are few of us here (barely a million people in the 4th largest state), but a lot of artists live here. 

I am looking for an artist's canopy for outside shows.  I have applied to several shows this summer that are outdoors.  If anyone has a used one to sell, or recommendations other than EZ-Up, please let me know, plus I will search the forums.

Views: 505

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't belong to the jewelry group so will post this here. Two major suppliers in the southwest are Rio Grande in Albuquerque. NM and Indian Jewelery Supply in Gallup, NM. They also buy back scrap. The former has a lot of classes at the Tucson Gem & Minersl show and a huge catalog of stones and findings in gold and silver. I've done business withe them for over 30 years and have not been disappointed. I took a hydraulic die forming class in Tucson in the early 90s and got my press and accessories from them when Bonneydoon was still making the stuff. Lots of applications for me other than Jewelery.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service