Hello!  We have friends who tell us we need to do some New Jersey Art Fairs (+ we want to visit each other!).  He mentioned Smithville, NJ., but I was wondering if anyone knows any JURIED Art or Art/Craft Fairs anywhere in New Jersey worth traveling from Chicago. We do wire-sculpture (NOT wire-wrap) Jewelry-one-of-a-kind). We do well in OH, & PA, but know nothing about NJ. We try & stay AWAY from the FESTIVALS with too much entertainment ECT! You know what I mean! 

Thanks!

Kathleen & Steven

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also, Cissy Gianella who owns/runs J.C. Promotions in New Jersey (several shows) might have one that fits your needs. Visit callsforartists.com for the links.

• Thanks again Connie-will do!

• I second Connie's advice on Rose Squared. I did a show with them back when we were all getting started, in NJ. It was nice working with them.

• Hello Judy! YES~Janet & Howard of Rose Squared are a couple of the NICEST & most professional people I ever met! They know how to advertise & are very helpful in respecting Artists' needs.  They are also very careful & firm not allowing buy/sell~& they make it quite CLEAR on their contract. We really appreciate Connie mentioning them to us & luckily, we were accepted for their October Art Fair in NJ!

• Thanks for letting us know.

I should look at their shows as I now live closer to NJ. I'm in State College area, PA.

• I'd bet, Kathleen, that you know about the Sugarloaf shows. Some of them are in New Jersey. Also, a small promoter who I believe does some nice quality events in nice location is Rose Squared. They've been around for a long time and are very hands on. Check with them. I think may be up your alley.

Ditto on Wheaton and Morristown as mentioned above. 

• Hi Connie~First of all, thank you so much for all you do for the Artists! You are a Godsend for all, but especially to the"newbies" of which I have sent many to your site!  Yes, I like Sugarloaf, (we have done their shows years ago) but this year their dates are conflicting. Steven & I want to move East or SE next year (hopefully). Our shows are SO GOOD there! These are very nice Art Fairs-yes-you are so right-just up our alley. 2 are conflicting, but I will check out the others, & hang onto the information for the future!  So nice of you to help, but not surprising~LOL  P.S. You are selling your house?! Where will U be moving to or don't you know yet? Thanks again Connie-we'll keep in touch friend. Kathleen & Steven

• Thanks so much, Kathleen, for the kind words. Art fairs are my real community and I miss the wonderful people and adventure.

I have moved from our wonderful home in Coldwater to Fort Wayne where I have family and old friends. After Norm died it seemed everyone else did also! None of us getting younger. If you know anyone who wants a home in a sweet centrally-located town that is well adapted to our lifestyle I'd appreciate your spreading the word. 

East is pretty expensive ... but with all your years being self-employed, I'm sure you and Steven know what you are doing.

• I have friends in Burlington & in Union City where we lived a short time & I will tell them about your home. It's beautiful & nice yard & very spacious Connie.  No none of us are getting younger. I like to say "older-NOT old"-LOL!  Chicago is mighty expensive too, but we are researching different places for sure. That's good you have Family& good friends in Fort Wayne...I'm sure it is hard without Norm. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do....can't think about that! I hope I go 1st!! We love ya Connie!  I will go back to the site where you said you are selling your home & give the info. to my Michigan friends. Kathleen & Steven

• Before I retired from shows, I had done the WheatonArts Festival of Fine Craft in Millville for about 6 years,. They keep the quality up and treat the Artists very well. It was always one of my best selling shows (Photography). Here is a link to the show app, which I see still has a couple weeks left till deadline. I won't disparage any other show, but Wheaton is much higher quality, Keeping in mind a small south jersey community. Here's a link http://www.wheatonarts.org/artists-2/opsforartists/. There is much more about the venue and their activities on their home page. www.wheatonarts.org ;

This reply was deleted.