Starting October 10th, larger gatherings are permitted in Michigan.  I know that the Governor did not have fairs and festivals in mind when creating the rules, but the timing is not ideal.  Sunsets at 6:30 and highs in the low 60's work for football, but less so for Art Fairs.

Regardless I am looking into producing one or two depending on if I can get permission in time to move forward and if there are enough artists that would be interested. There are two of our regular events that might work and I have already reached out to the venues.

I believe that the weather will not discourage attendance as long as it stays dry.  Witness how many folks participate in fall activities such as attending football and going to apple farms.   It may however be uncomfortable for participants.

Would you like to be considered if we are able to produce one or two shows in the next month?  If so, please fill in the form at www.is.gd/octoberapp.   Those that had already applied for the original dates of those shows will be given preference though there is likely to be space for some new additions.

Possible dates are - October 10-11 and October 17-18

Possible shows are- Kensington Metropark Art Fair and Belle Isle Art Fair.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well worth a try, Mark. Here in Fort Wayne I hosted a 30 person art fair as part of a neighborhood home tour a couple of weeks ago and it was well received by both artists and the public. Interestingly, the higher the price point the better the sales. I think the buying public who maybe hasn't attended the big crowded art fairs in recent years is pleased to have a smaller venue with easy parking and no crowds to deal with. Good luck.

This reply was deleted.