Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I just purchased some lights, and I'm planning on using a marine battery and inverter. However, I never see anything listed on Zapp midwest events related to if these batteries and inverters are allowed or not.

I'm going to assume if nothings mentioned - then there's no problem! Is this correct?

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I'm going to purchase River Portable Power Station and hope it gets me at least eight hours with my 8.7amp draw. I may consider getting there solar 50W chargers a later time. This unit seemed to be a bit more powerful than the Anker PowerHouse.

I'm very surprised to learn that a light dimmer won't work with a portable power station setup. I had all eight bulbs feeding into one dimmer controller.

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions!!

I have done severel differnt setups. One of which I wrote about, on here a while ago, in some detail. It used two dimmers as I had the lights separated into two banks. No problems using the dimmers, at all.

Many different variants also ie rheostat, dimmer variac...

As long as inverters have a sine wave output or a multistep square wave, a dimmer will work. The inexpensive inverters, "modified sine wave", are typically a square waveform with a little delay between positive and negative excursions. Those won't work with a dimmer beyond on or off. 

Agreed, buy quality and should not have aproblem. When it comes to electricity, quality is important. When talking the situations encountered in art show booths, efficiency is very imortant. Efficiency in weight, size, current loss etc. All those things are tied to quality. Unfortunately quality cost $$$$$$$

Hmm, so if I call their support number - what exactly should I ask them about their built in inverter in relation to if it works with my ProPanels dimmer?

Exactly what Robert wrote. He is correct about the sine wave. It may be listed on the spec.

Can't reply more now--- the liar in chief is about to speak SOTU

Otis, I hope you were able to get your information. I didn't mean to cut you short. I had to listen to the Mistake of the Union address. 

Larry,

Yeah, I'm GOOD! Again thanks for your insight. 

The person speaking at SOTU is a complete joke IMO

RSS

15% Off All Orders! We are offering 15% off every order now through May 1st, with our best wishes for a swift economic recovery for all!

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service