Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

where do i purchase liability insurance for my tent? What is a good company?

Views: 1892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gus,

I'm a newbie, so there will be others that will probably answer you as well, but I have insurance through RLI. It theoretically covers tent liability...as well as some theft protection while at shows and so forth. I have never filed a claim so I don't know how it works in real life though. Good luck.

Mike
Ditto.

We've been with RLI for years. Our premium is about $250 for $1,000,000 coverage and they'll add a promoter to the "additional insured" list for only $20.
Keep in mind Gus that many shows will require 1,000,000 liability coverage. I too have RLI
Me too. This works as long as you have a home based business - no outside studio or shop not at your house. It covers home, show and transporting things. My premium is about $100 higher so it must depend on where you live and/or the artwork you sell. I have also never had a claim.
And I have mine with good old-fashioned State Farm. It is attached to my homeowners, I think. About $250.
Same State Farm for me. I get very good rates by combining home owners, studio in home and vehicles. I was cautioned about having budiness and home owners with different companies. If the was ever a claim ther was likely to be a fight over who was responsible for what. Also, my agent has provided certificates of insurance whenever a show requires one. On less hassle.
Sorry I am a little late to the discussion, but I have Traveler's Insurance. They cover it all - vehicles (rental or other) to and from shows, canopies and equipment, product liability at shows and after, home office/studio stuff. I choose them because I just started making candles to go with my line - not all cover candle liability, but they do. It seems like Travelers can cover it all. My premium is $260 a year and free riders for promoters. Worth looking into. I hear wonderful things about RLI, but some artists have said they only insure you while at shows - not driving to and from??? Anyone can verify that?

Michelle
By the Bay Botanicals
www.bythebaybotanicals.com
My RLI insurance DOES cover me while in transit. This was my biggest issue with all the other business insurance I found..they charged a heck of alot more, yet for years I was not completely covered.  RLI was referred to me by other artists on the circuit.
No, they do cover you in transit.
That is a great deal Michelle. I had Harford Mutual business insurance and that cost me $535/yr which covered everything at shows, liability, riders, my home business studio against theft fire, weather damage etc. I had to let it go this year because it was just too much. I'll have to check out Travelers.

Michelle Sholund said:
Sorry I am a little late to the discussion, but I have Traveler's Insurance. They cover it all - vehicles (rental or other) to and from shows, canopies and equipment, product liability at shows and after, home office/studio stuff. I choose them because I just started making candles to go with my line - not all cover candle liability, but they do. It seems like Travelers can cover it all. My premium is $260 a year and free riders for promoters. Worth looking into. I hear wonderful things about RLI, but some artists have said they only insure you while at shows - not driving to and from??? Anyone can verify that?

Michelle
By the Bay Botanicals
www.bythebaybotanicals.com
I'd like to hear more about Traveler's and RLI as well. We've coverage from another group that's costing a bit over $600 for both my wife and I, demonstrating, at home, at shows, teaching and all the 'stuff' wherever it is. If there's a less expensive way to go, I'd be VERY interested!
It would be nice to "invite" different insurers to post, not what the rates are so much as, what they cover. Seems like there may be slight variations from insurance company to insurance company.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service